PEISA and DBE Celebrate Physical Education Day on Wednesday, 10 May, 08 May 2017
On the 10th of May 2017 at exactly 08:00, in celebrating Physical Education Day, PEISA with the support of the Department of Basic Education and its stakeholders and partners will attempt to set a new world record for “the most people star jumping simultaneously at multiple venues for two consecutive minutes”.
Schools are encouraged to dedicate only 2 minutes of their time to observe this day and be part of making history. The South African target number for 2017 is 25 574 participants. In order to confirm the number of learners participating, teachers should use classroom registers, including taking photos or short videos for submission post the event.
The process for the event is as follows:
- All Learners participating in the event to be ready at 7:50 am at the school.
- The event will take place precisely at 8:00 am within the school premises.
- Learners are to perform as many Star Jumps as possible for 2 minutes (non-stop).
- Photographic evidence of your attempt taking place must be captured with full details provided by independent witnesses. The photographic evidence must include an aerial photo of the crowd or a photo showing the entire group.
- Video evidence of the entire record attempt, from start to finish that enables us to confirm the measurement achieved, that the guidelines have been adhered to and verify the details provided by the independent witnesses. In addition, all entrances and exits must be monitored on video and the counting process must be clearly visible in the video too.
- Media articles (newspaper, online, TV or radio) should be submitted as part of the evidence requirements. This is not compulsory evidence.
Where possible participating schools may download and complete the attached documents by clicking on this links below:
Evidence must be submitted to directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information kindly contact: Mr Norman Moemise Mphake: UNESCO QPE: National Coordinator. email@example.com / 073 211 7179.
Enquiries: Elijah Mhlanga - 083 580 8275 - DBE
Norman Mphake - 073 211 7179 - PEISA
ISSUED BY DEPARTMENT OF BASIC EDUCATION
An error has occurred.
Error: Unable to load the Article Details page.