The Department of Basic Education is calling on all learners who did not pass the 2016 National Senior Certificate to try again through the specially designed Second Chance Matric Support Programme.
The Second Chance Matric Support Programme aims to provide support to learners who have not been able to meet the requirements of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or the extended Senior Certificate (SC), thereby meeting the goals of the NDP and the sector thus increasing learner retention.
Learners who would like to take advantage of this opportunity to complete their school leaving qualification should contact their nearest Education District office before 15 March 2017 to register to write the November 2017 examinations. They can find all the information about access to the support from their nearest district office including venues by visiting the below link.
The programme aims to support these learners in a number of innovative ways so that they will be adequately prepared to write the examinations.
Face to Face Classes:
These will be offered by Grade 12 teachers with an excellent track record. The Face to face classes will be available at 50 venues, mainly in rural and semi-rural areas, nationally for June and November examinations only.
Multimedia Broadcasting Solutions
- Telematics Broadcasts at selected schools - nationally except GP
- Internet Broadcasting Programme (IBP) at selected schools in the Free State
- HD Open View Television Broadcast s - Channel 201 at 36 venues, nationally or privately (500 000 households connected)
- Dstv Channel 319 , Mindset Television Broadcasts (4.5 Million households connected)
- SABC Education Geleza Nathi broadcasts weekdays on SABC 1 from 5am to 6am with repeats at 11pm
- SABC Education Geleza Nathi YouTube videos
Digital Online Course Via Internet
- Online course to support learners
- Available throughout the year
- Compatible on all devices
- Available offline via the CAP at libraries, community centres, etc. (Mzanzi Online Libraries Project)
- Can be accessed on personal computers or at the 74 Vodacom centres, libraries, community centres, Libraries etc.
- No data costs for Vodacom subscribers utilising the Vodacom E - Learning site www.vodacom.co.za/e-school
- Second Chance Programme Facebook page
- Mind the Gap in 8 of the 11 subjects
- Past question papers
- Study tips
- Maths and Science textbooks
- Available at Face to Face classes or from District Offices and DBE Offices
We would encourage all learners who have not managed to pass Grade 12 to take advantage of this opportunity for a second chance, which could mean a second chance at a brighter future.
Enquiries: Elijah Mhlanga – 083 580 8275 | Troy Martens – 079 899 3070