Welcome to the learners' section of the DBE website. We hope that the resource we have compiled will be useful in supplementing the resources you get at school.
As a learner you are expected to:
- accept that the main reason for being in school is to learn and develop academically, socially and culturally;
- adhere to school rules;
- respect the legitimacy and authority of teachers;
- participate in Learner Representative Councils (LRCs) to safeguard your interests;
- show respect to other learners and not to discriminate; and
- avoid anti-social behaviour like theft, vandalism, assault, sexual harassment, alcohol and drug abuse, as well as other activities that disrupt the learning process.