THE DIRECTORATE: PROVINCIAL AUDIT MONITORING AND SUPPORT (SECTOR AUDIT OUTCOMES) PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING SERVICES HOWEVER NOT LIMITED TO THE BELOW:
• source of consultants – The Directorate will serve as a means of consultants recommending improvements to audit findings raised by external parties. The services provided comprises of legislation interpretation, governance, risk management, internal controls, performance management, performance information, external auditing, development of financial statements, IT Governance and Management, Computer and Forensics auditing however not limited to the list provided.
• liaison between various stakeholders – The Directorate will serve as a means to liaise with various bodies such as Regulatory Bodies, National Treasury, DPSA, Auditor-General of South Africa in order to encourage consultation and building stakeholder relationships.
• validation and assistance on disclosures using CIPC – The Directorate will assist Provinces in validating information on CIPC which is a common finding in Provinces.
• validation and assistance in validating qualifications – The Directorate will assist Provinces in validating qualifications and appointments in accordance with NIA.
• building capacity and knowledge management – The Directorate will assist in building capacity and knowledge management in Provinces to address recurring findings. Education Audit Tips will be submitted on a monthly basis to share knowledge and best practices. The Audit Tip will be titled “EduAudit”. New Directives will be shared on the webpage of the Directorate to inform employees of new information.
• Assessment of training and development programmes - The Directorate will provide services in validating training and development programmes utilising the ADDIE Model.
• Utilisation of SASAMS for improvement of financial management - The Directorate has modified the SASAMS Financial Module for implementation for schools to utilise for developing school financial statements.
• Partnership between Department of Labour and Department of Basic Education on registration of UIF - An agreement has been entered into with the Department of Labour to address the backlog of registration of school employees for UIF.
• Partnership with Independent Regulatory Board of Auditors (IRBA) to develop guidelines for school audits - An agreement has been entered between the IRBA and the Department to assist in developing standards and guidelines for school audits. The Department is featured on a quarterly basis on the IRBA newsletters on audit matters.