It is that time of the year where the Department is inviting schools and districts that implement the National School Nutrition Programme (NSNP) as per the minimum guidelines established by the Department of Basic Education and all the Provinces to enter the competition/community members to nominate the best schools in their respective areas.
Since 2010, the Department of Basic Education (DBE) through National School Nutrition Programme Best Schools Awards (NSNP) has been recognizing excellence, innovation and the dedication of districts and schools in the successful implementation of the programme.
The NSNP Awards are utilised as a platform to celebrate the dedication and hard work of key role players such the School Management Teams, Educators, Volunteer Food Handlers and School Governing Bodies for their daily contribution and dedication towardsthe success of the programme and showcasing good practices.
The Department wishes to thank all schools and districts that participated in the past and once more invites ‘ALL” schools and Districts to nominate schools and districts in the 2018/19 Awards.
- The Tiger Brands Foundation will donate a prize for the winning school to the value of R450 000 plus introduction of in-school breakfast feeding programme for a minimum of three (3) years.
- The Department will award the nominated schools with cooking equipment.
- The Foundation will also sponsor the winning District with office equipment to the value of R50 000.
- The Second Place District will receive two laptops, a printer and digital camera.
- The Third Place District will receive one laptop, a printer and digital camera.
- Entry/Nomination forms can be collected and delivered to your nearest circuit/area/district or regional office of the Department of Education.
NB: NEW CLOSING DATE FOR ALL ENTRIES IS 28 SEPTEMBER 2018
Ms Mmapula Mohube 012 357 3414 | Ms A Tshovhote 012 357 4046 | Mr Puo Sengwana 012 357 3420
NB: Owing to the expected high volume of nominations, only schools meeting ALL the requirements will be considered. Schools/provinces that submit applications after the closing date will not be considered.