The aim of the Second Chance Matric Programme is to provide support to learners who have not been able to meet the requirements of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or the extended Senior Certificate (SC), thereby meeting the goals of the NDP and the sector thus increasing learner retention.
- Learners are able to meet the requirements of the NSC or SC and obtain a Grade 12 matric certificate
- Increase learner retention
- Increase computer skills, job opportunities and career pathing
- Learners are able to access bursary opportunities for further studies
CANDIDATES TO BE SUPPORTED
- Senior Certificate Examination Candidates: Learners registered to write the Senior Certificate examinations in June.
- NSC Examinations Part-time candidates: Learners who attempted the NSC examinations post 2008 and will write the examinations in May/June and November.