The aim of the Second Chance Matric Programme is to provide support to learners who have not been able to meet the requirements of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or the extended Senior Certificate (SC), thereby meeting the goals of the NDP and the sector thus increasing learner retention.
- Learners are able to meet the requirements of the NSC or SC and obtain a Grade 12 matric certificate
- Increase learner retention
- Increase computer skills, job opportunities and career pathing
- Learners are able to access bursary opportunities for further studies
CANDIDATES TO BE SUPPORTED
- Progressed Learners: Learners who wrote the NSC the previous year but did not sit for all 6 subjects (multiple options) and will write the examinations for the outstanding subjects in June.
- Senior Certificate (amended) Examination Candidates: Learners registered to write the Senior Certificate (amended) examinations in June. Registration for the 2019 exams is already open and will close on 31 January 2019.
- NSC Examinations Part-time candidates: Learners who attempted the NSC examinations post 2015 and will write the examinations in November. Registration for the 2019 NSC exams will open in the first week of January and close on 15 March 2019.